Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fall Frames.

Yesterday I made two cute little fall inspired frames.

I spotted a cute little gem over on Less Than Perfect Life Of Bliss not that long ago and I've been quietly lusting over it.

I didn't take any pictures of the creative process, as I didn't do anything that spectacular. In Julie's tutorial, she used burlap for the background, a hand drawn & cut tree and a leaf punch. I used card stock and my Cricut.

I whipped out a 50 cent frame I got from the dollar store {it was a two pack of your basic pine frame}, cut a piece of sort of tannish brownish card stock to fit for the backing {no awesome burlap at my house - and that's not sarcastic, I fluffy heart burlap and it seems to be all the rage in crafting materials right now}. Then using my Stretch Your Imagination cartridge, I cut the tree {it's actually in the same color card stock as the backing but I colored it with brown Sharpie - I don't have any dark brown card stock} and then the leaves out of some fallish colors. Glued on, popped in the frame, stuck on my kitchen window sill and winner winner, chicken dinner.


After I made that little cutie, I had some adorable tree outlines leftover {I cut two trees - one for me and one to mail to Susan} that I didn't want to go to waste {seriously, you should see all the little left over bits I save from every. single. Cricut. project - madness}. I used the 2nd frame in the two pack from above, mounted the tree silhouettes on the same leaf patterned paper I cut the falling leaves from, added a small "hill" of acorn & pumpkin patterned fabric and stuck that in a frame. I'm still practicing to make rosettes, so I cut a strip of the same fabric and twisted and twirled my way into cuteness. Embellished with a button in the middle and three more coordinating colored buttons on the top and - viola!

These two cute little guys cost me exactly zilch to make {my favorite amount!}

No comments:

Post a Comment