Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Going Green



Hello out there! I realize it's been a bit since we've posted. I've been working on crafting projects but nothing that I can post here. You know, another ribbon wreath, a letter frame and some magnets (That I WILL post about as soon as I get pictures taken)....so, I thought I'd post about going green or how I've found little ways to make my life a little greener.

So, here are a few things that I have done to help out the environment.

1. I've switched most of my light bulbs from regular ones to more energy, efficent ones.
2. I've invested in some natural cleaning products. I've been using Seventh Generation and Clorox Green for my cleaning products.
3. I've switched to using all natural deodorant and toothpaste from here.
4. I've tried to be a lot better about turning off lights when I'm not using them, shutting down my computer when it's not in use, etc.
5. I take 5-6 minute showers to cut back on water usuage. (This is SO hard to do. I'm a girl who loves a nice, hot shower.)
6. I have set my theromostat at 65. It's cold. Yes, it is. But, I wear socks and sweaters now.
7. I carry a lunch bag and try to use earth friendly disposable products. I'd really love some of these. I'm also trying to remember to take my shopping bags instead of loading up on all those plastic ones at the store. I also use biodegradable paper towels and toilet paper.
8. I buy organic when I can. (It's expensive for a girl who is on a budget.)
9. I stopped buying bottled water and invested in a water bottle that is reusable.
10. I wash all my laundry in cold water.

So, there are 10 things I'm doing to help our environment and decrease my carbon foot print. What are you all doing out there in blog land?

No comments:

Post a Comment