Thursday, November 11, 2010

Letter Frame

During my trip to Michael's last weekend, I found these cute little, metal letters that I wanted to use for something. Of course, they were 80% off and only had letters like Q and I and X. (Which is why they were 80% off.) But, it sparked an idea for me.

I decided I wanted to take the first initial of my last name and put it in a frame but in a pretty way. So, here is what I came up with. I decided to buy a wooden letter, put some scrapbook paper on it, glue to more scrapbook paper and frame it up. Sounds simple enough right? IT IS! It was super easy to do (even for me, the crafting slow kid) and turned out a LOT better then I expected.

This morning, while I was drinking my coffee, I whipped up this handy picture version of a tutorial to show you all in blog land, how to make this project. It's my first shot at a tutorial so hopefully it makes sense.













So, there it is! My very first original project!!! I'm so proud of myself and I really do love the way it turned out. I was thinking last night that I'd really like to make a few more of these for Christmas presents. We'll see. I need to find some cheaper frames.


No comments:

Post a Comment